Akron Lions Aiming For Success
Developing Twin Club Internationally (In observance of UN Day October 24th)
- Accomplished: 9-15-2011 Subic Tambuli Lions Club (Philippines) Club # 039571
- Accomplished: 9-22-2011 Bataan Host Lions Club (Philippines) Club # 023678
- Accomplished: 10-4-2011 Lions Club of Kathmandu Balaju Height (Nepal) Club # 066768
- Annual Jeff Ennis Memorial Lions Service Day supporting the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign in Summit County, December 10th, 2011.
- Accomplished: Brought together 9 Lions Clubs -- donating 103 service hours to The Salvation Army while collecting $3,418.51 to support their humanitarian mission of helping others.
Club Collections Hours Lions Club, Akron Host $ 569.42 12 Lions Club, Mogadore $ 541.19 12 Lions Club, Cuyahoga Falls $ 462.64 12 Lions Club, Suffield $ 408.96 12 Lions Club, Tallmadge $ 328.69 12 Lions Club, Greensburg $ 301.27 10 Lions Club, Norton $ 300.58 9 Lions Club, Stow $ 298.54 12 Lions Club, Copley $ 207.22 12 Lions Club Total $ 3,418.51 103
- Tree Planting in support of the international effort to plant 1 milion trees, Earth Day April 22, 2012.
- Accomplished: Planted tree at Akron Metro Park -- details to follow.
- Eye Screening June 1, Helen Keller Day
- Accomplished: Completed screenings for 27 children at the Learning Zone Daycare Center -- downtown Akron.
- Family Homeless Shelter Refurbishment Project -- Organizing now for Monday July 23rd.
- Peace Poster Contest (Back to school season September 2012). Currently in process.
- Essay Contest October 2012. Currently in process.
- 2nd Annual Lion Jeff Ennis Memorial Service Day in support of The Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign -- December 8th 2012.
- Send representative to the Lions UN day in March, 2013.