Branson-Hollister Lions Club was chartered Nov. 12, 1954.
The first big project of the club was putting in a boat launch ramp on Lake Taneycomo. We also cut shoreline brush, on Lake Taneycomo, from City Park to the highway bridge.
The oldest annual money raising event is the Mulligan Stew which is held in March of each year. It was started in 1960. This project has been discontinued.
In 1970 we started a Turkey Shoot which is held in October, or November, of each year. The first Chairman of this event was Lion Harlan Brown, then Lion Joe Schwab, followed by PDG Lion Sherman Henry. This project has been discontinued.
Our club has produced (4) District Governors. Lion Leo Miller 1975-76, Lion Sherman Henry 1980-81, Lion Carl Schmidt 1990-91 and Lion Ernie Schlichting 1996-97.
Please visit our Facebook Page
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.