The men and women of the Chatham-Nauset LIONS Club strive to serve people in our communities. The traditional focus of service has been to provide both financial and hands-on aid to those with vision and hearing impairments. Now, the scope of service extends to other health areas, including diabetes and blood pressure screening. We also serve high school students through scholarships, provide outreach programs to youngsters suffering serious illness, and reach out to senior citizens both through area Councils on Aging and area nursing homes.
The Chatham-Nauset Lions Club:
- Provides eye exams and eyeglasses to needy persons with sight impairment.
- Loans a Vitrectomy Chair (free) to those who have had significant eye surgery.
- Collects used eyeglasses and hearing aids for distribution to needy persons.
- Provides funding for eye resarch and eye health programs to aid in the prevention of blindness through the Massachusetts Lions Eye Research Fund, which donated over one million dollars to eye research last year.
- Provides the Lions' Eyemobile for free vision vision, glaucoma, hearing, diabetes, and blood pressure screening.
- Offers scholarships to deserving seniors from the Cape Cod Regional Technical High School, the Chatham High School, and the Nauset Regional High School.
- Provides aid to hearing-impaired persons.
- Provides tutoring on the use of assistive technology, by members, to persons with sight loss.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.