Meetings

 

The Southside Lions Club was chartered on April 12, 1948 with 26 members and now has a membership of 58.  The club has provided two District Governors:  Louis L. Dillon (1957-1958) and Dick Knox (2006-2007).
 
The Southside Lions Club has a strong history in community involvement and was the first organization in Virginia to sponsor the Juvenile Court Conference Committee.  When Chesapeake General Hospital was getting "off the ground"  the club committed $15,000 to that campaign.  In 1994, the club inducted its first women members, Lion Connie L. Perkins and Lion Sharon Stone.  Now there are 10 women in the club.
 
The club will celebrate our 70th anniversary at Greenbrier Country Club later this year.
 
Southside Lions Club sponsored the Virginia Beach Bayside Lions Club on September 4, 1951.
 
The Southside Lions Club holds several fund raising activities throughout the year in order to fund our sight and hearing programs as well as other needed services in our community in addition to national and international crisis relief to help those in greatest need.  We also provide volunteers for local service activities to better our community.
 

 

Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.

Lions Clubs International News
Connect with Us Online
Twitter