WHO ARE THE CHILLICOTHE EVENING LIONS?
We have proudly served the Chillicothe, Ohio and Ross County community since 1924.
Our members (over 90 men & women) share a core belief - our community is what we make it. We help where help is needed. In short: We Serve.
100% of the funds we raise are distributed to charity.
Since 1924 we have raised and distributed over $1,240,000.00 to charitable causes.
- Donated $10,000.00 to Seeds of Hope to help construct a homeless shelter.
- Purchased a wheelchair swing for Yoctangee playground.
- Fed the volunteers at Hope Clinic.
- Helped to fund the Assistance House.
- Helped with funding for Habitat for Humanity.
- Funded four $1000 college scholarships.
- Collected, counted and sorted over 3,500 pair of used eyeglasses. (Over 132,000 pairs to date).
- Adopted 4 needy families for Christmas.
- Purchased eyeglasses for needy children.
- Helped fund Kamp Dovetail, a camp for children with disabilities.
- We surround Veterans Park with flags on 8 Federal holidays.
- We place flags at funeral homes for calling hours for veterans.
- Put out 725 flags on 8 national holidays in front of businesses.
- 4 Fish fries.
- Food Booth at the Ross County Fair. (Since 1946).
- Rummage Sale
If you (or your friends or family members) would like to become involved in an upcoming project, or join our Lions Club, you can contact us in one of these three ways:
- Call us at 740-775-4667
- To Request more information, email us at:
- Attend one of our meetings (Tuesdays at 5:30 PM).
How To Find Us: Click on the following link for a map to our club: MAP
Click on the Links below to access newsletters:
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.