Our Annual Arts and Crafts Fair is Coming July 15-16
The Dennis Harwich Lions Club is celebrating 50 years of service to the Cape Cod community and beyond this year. We were charted December 13, 1967 by then President John J. McNaught, Jr. and 50 other men from Harwich and Dennis. Since then we have sponsored two other Lions Clubs in Chatham and Sandwich. We now have 35 members, both men and women. We are always looking for new members!
We are well-known for our local service and fundraisers throughout the year. 100% of our donations are returned to the community both locally and internationally including:
- Sight loss education and prevention
- Collecting used eyewear and hearing aids which are often sent worldwide
- Diabetes education, research and treatment
- Supporting Massachusettes Lions Eye Research; especially dedicated to Macular Degeneration and facilitating corneal transplants
- Worldwide Disaster Releif
- Support of local charities (Home Hospice,Salvation Army, Food Pantries, Youth Recreation, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cape Abilities).
We support our youth by:
- Sponsoring $2,000 individual college scholarships for local Dennis and Harwich HS seniors going on to college.
- Holding an annual High School Speech Contest where winners may compete at the State Level
- Sponsoring a "Peace Poster" contest for middle school students
- Donating to the Dennis Elementary School Pantry Food program
- Running "Coats for Kids" every December
- Holding a free "Breakfast with Santa" event with free photos
Please explore our new website especially our Calendar of Up-coming Events.
If you would like more information, or would like to find out about becoming a member you may contact Lyn Solomon at email@example.com
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.