We are the local club of the International Association of Lions Clubs which was established in 1917. A concept of Melvin Jones, a young Chicago insurance agent, who presented to a group of separate business clubs the idea of consolidating the individual clubs into one strong influential club with the goal of helping the community and serving humanity.
The Lions of Wisconsin are comprised of 548 individual clubs with a combined membership of 19,126 Lions. The Lions operate the Wisconsin Lions Foundation which is located in Rosholt on the Wisconsin Lions Camp property.
As a local organization, chartered in 1972, we have the ability to provide many services that benefit our community. We support the Lions Eye Bank of Wisconsin by monetary donations and the voluntary transportation of eye tissue. We also donate money to the International Lions Club which benefits the people of the world in general. Our club has supported local, state and international projects by donating more than $ 450,000 in our 40 year history, as well as, many hours of valuable time and effort on behalf of our members.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.