The Dominica Lions Club was founded in1968 (March 15th ) by Stanley Fadelle. The Last remaining charter member is Lion Joe Liburd, life member.
The Club was sponsored into membership by Barbados Lions Club and is twinned with the Lions Club of Guadeloupe Doyen.
It is the parent club of the Dominica Leo Club.
Some of our activities over the years include:
- Building the workshop for the Blind on Federation Drive.
- Initiating Operation Youth Quake (a 37,000 Agricultural Project for underprivileged youth).
- Constructing building housing the Operation Youth Quake
- Building and maintenance of bus shelters
- Providing meals and outings to the elderly and shut-in
- Undertaking food drives in aid of needy families
- Undertaking projects in support of primary/secondary school literacy programs
- Improving learning environment in schools
- Undertaking environmental beautification projects
- Making donations to the visually / physically challenged and less fortunate citizens
- Producing Carols by candlelight
- Making visits and donation to & carrying out reading activity at, Children’s ward of PMH
- Co-coordinating and hosting of debate
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.