The Gulfport Lions Club is nestled down on the shores of Tampa Bay between the Gulfport and the Boca Ciega Bay Yacht Clubs, right behind the municipal marina. We were chartered in June of 1948. Our Lions Den was built by local Lions members in 1967. Currently we have 26 active members and are looking for a few more able bodies. Our Club funds projects for the betterment of our community, such as:
• Eye exams and glasses for those who need help acquiring them; Some Eye Surgeries;
• Christmas Toy Shop and food certificates - December;
• Boy Scout & Cub Scout troops; Gulfport Elementary School;
• Little League Baseball sponsor; Gulfport Pirate Football sponsor;
• South Eastern Guide Dogs; Florida Lions Camp;
• Florida Lions Conklin Center - a training center for handicapped individuals;
• Pinellas County Lighthouse - Watson Center;
• Lions Clubs International & The FLorida Lions Foundation;
• And many more; We have food events planned for most of the year (9 events). Please come out and enjoy the fellowship and help those who need a helping hand. We have a Fish Fry on Labor Day; Shrimp Boil in March; Spaghetti Supper in January; and Pancake Breakfasts in October, November, December, February, April and May. All monies raised, less food, advertising and utility expenses, goes to our Activities Account which funds our donations. 50/50 Raffle funds go to our Building Fund.
Our Lions Club No. 01258501C(4) #0239
Florida State Law requires that we inform you, the public, that none of our income raised by our projects goes to administrative costs. We have an Admin Bank account, and the only funds deposited there are dues from our members, which pays for Lions International and Lions State dues for our members and meals' costs to our chef. Our State Charitable Solicitation Permit is #CH7284; our IRS Tax I.D. #59-6152780; for additional information go to FL Dept of Agrriculture at 800-435-7352 or www.800helpfla.com.
Our meetings are on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month and start at 6:30pm and we have a one half hour social period before each meeting. The first meeting of the month we have a snack table and at the second meeting we have a full meal - Meal costs usually are $8.00 per person.
Our Lions Den is available for rentals. There is a summer rate and a non-summer rate (to defray the costs of A/C). Summer rates from May 1 - Oct 15. If interested please contact Lion Nicky at 727-366-3914 for full details.
DIRECTIONS: Everyone asks how to get there. Get on 49th Street going south in St. Pete and go to the end. One block from the water, and a stop sign, is our Lions sign - turn left on Del Rio Way, after the stop sign, we are the brick building on the right between the two yacht clubs, and behind the City Marina. Come on down to visit with us.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.