As a Lion, you have come across some acronyms or abbreviations that may or may not mean anything to you. If you recognize them – you’re a Tail Twister Pet; if not here’s a few to help you roar with the rest.
CCE Council Chair Elect
DG District Governor
DGE District Governor Elect
GLT Global Leadership Team
ID International Director
IT Information Technician
JPL Just Plain Lion
LCIF Lions Clubs International Foundation
LIONS Liberty Independence Our Nations Safety
LIONS Loving Individuals Offering Needed Services
LPTCIA Lion Pin Traders Club of Iowa
MERLP Membership Extension Retention Leadership
PID Past International Director
PCC Past Council Chair
PDG Past District Governor
ROAR Recruitment Orientation Activation Retention
SA State Administrator
VDG Vice District Governor
VP Vice President
WMMR Web Monthly Membership Reporting
1VDGE First Vice District Governor Elect
2VDGE Second Vice District Governor Elect
1. Active: A member entitled to all rights and privileges and subject to all obligations which membership in a Lions club implies.
2. Member-at-Large: A member who has moved out of the community and is unable to regularly attend meetings and desired to retain membership in the club. The member cannot hold office or vote at conventions and must pay dues.
3. Honorary: An honor bestowed by a club to an individual who is not a member of the Lions club, to recognize outstanding community service or service to the club.
4. Privileged: A member who has been a Lion for 15 or more years, who because of illness, infirmities or advanced age or other legitimate reason, must relinquish his or her active status. A privileged member may vote, but may not hold office.
5. Life Member: A member who has maintained active status for 20 or more years, or for 15 years and is at least 70 years of age can be granted Life Membership. Life Members pay a one-time payment to the association in lieu of future dues. They have all the rights and privileges of membership.
6. Associate: A member who holds his/her primary membership in another club, but maintains residence or is employees in the community of the club in which he/she attends. Associate members can vote on club matters, but may not serve as a club delegate at district, multiple district or international conventions and are not eligible for hold office.
7. Affiliate: An individual who is currently unable to fully participate in the club¸ but wishes to support the club. He or she may not hold officer and many not represent the club at district, multiple district or international conventions, but may vote on club matters.
Members cannot simultaneously hold membership – other than Honorary or Associate in more than one Lion club. They also many not hold another membership, other than Honorary or Affiliate, in another service club of similar character.
Lions Clubs Objectives
To create and foster a spirit of "generous consideration" among the peoples of the world through a study of the problems of international relationships.
To promote the theory and practice of the principles of good government and good citizenship.
To take an active interest in the civic, commercial, social and moral welfare of the community.
To unite the members in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
To provide a forum for the full and free discussion of all matters of public interest, partisan politics, and sectarian religion alone excepted.
To encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in business and professions: provide that no club shall hold out on one of its objects financial benefits to its members.