Lions Clubs International

Welcome To The Lake Jackson Lions Club Web Page !

The Lake Jackson Lions Club was formally chartered in December 1977.   We are celebrating out 41st year in 2018!  The Lake Jackson club is a small, but active club that works to primarily help those in our community who need assistance with sight and hearing problems.

We raise funds through canopy tent rentals, yard sales, citrus sales, and white cane donations.   Approximately 70% of all funds raised are donated to local charities in Northern Virginia.   The remaining 30% of all funds raised are donated to State and International charities.

Some of our service projects in the community include sight and hearing screenings at elementary schools, health fairs, and local social events.  Our sight and hearing van can provide a quick screening for sight problems, hearing problems, glaucoma, etc.  We use the SPOT screening system for young children to screen for sight problems - as young as 6 months old.  Our club will assist those, in need, in the community who can not afford eye exams and glasses and hearing exams and hearing aids.                 

 Part of our service area is the town of Nokesville and the area to the East of Route 28.  We are a member of the Nokesville Business Association. 

We look forward to working with our local communities in the 2018-19 Lions year !


Our Club Officers for this year include the following:

                   President -  Joseph Blatter

                 Immediate Past President -  Ken Kenyon

                 Vice President -  Jim Jeckell

                 Secretary -  Joe Angsten

                 Treasurer - Russ Holt

                 Tail Twister - Judy Holt

                 Publicity Director -  Nancy Dulong / Sandra Jeckell

                 Membership Director - Lori Morris

                Lion Tamer - Bill Bolton


NOTE:  See our club projects page for our December Citrus Sale and our November / December Shrimp Sale information !!!


Consider Joining Our Club !

Our club is always looking for new members who want to give back to their community.  If you are such a person, contact Joseph Blatter at 703-754-3565 to arrange for a visit to our club and a free dinner !   If you would like to participate in one of our community projects, please give us a call.

















Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.

Lions Clubs International News
Connect with Us Online