* Seeking community-minded men and women to become active Mason City Evening Lions Club members and be willing to work in making our coimmunty, state, nation, and world a better place for all. Lions International Facts
* About Lions Since 1917, Lions clubs have offered people the opportunity to give something back to their communities. From involving members in projects as local as cleaning up an area park or as far-reaching as bringing sight to the world's blind, Lions clubs have always embraced those committed to building a brighter future for their community. Today with more than 46,000 clubs in 192 countries and geographical areas, Lions have expanded their focus to help meet the ever-increasing needs of our global community.
* Our programs are continually changing to meet new needs and greater demands, but our mission has never wavered: "We Serve." *
* The Emblem Throughout the world, Lions are recognized by the emblem they wear on their lapels. It consists of a gold letter "L" on a circular purple field. Bordering this is a circular gold area with two lion profiles at either side facing away from the center. The word "Lions" appears at the top, and "International" at the bottom. Symbolically, the lions face both past and future -- proud of the past and confident of the future. Lions wear their emblem with pride.
* The Motto The motto of every Lion is simply "We Serve." What better way to express the true mission of Lionism?
* The Slogan The slogan of the association is "Liberty, Intelligence, Our Nation's Safety (LIONS).
* Official Colors The royal colors of purple and gold were selected as the official colors when the association was organized in 1917. Purple stands for loyalty to friends and to one's self, and for integrity of mind and heart. Gold symbolizes sincerity of purpose, liberality in judgement, purity in life and generosity in mind, heart and purpose toward humanity.
Valentine party February, 2017 at NIACC. Performance by the Hanson family
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.