Mary Laura Fitzgerald (2nd from left), a volunteer with the Washington Regional Transplant Community, spoke on the life saving gift of organ donorship at the July dinner meeting. For information about becoming an organ donor see http://www.BeADonor.org
The Mount Vernon Evening Lions Club was Chartered June 7, 1999. We serve the Mt. Vernon/Alexandria, Virginia area.
We support our community by
- Providing eye exams and glasses
- Helping provide leader dogs
- Conducting sight and hearing screening tests
- Collecting and recycling eyeglasses and hearing aids
- Providing food and clothing to local schools and social agencies
- Contributing holiday gifts, shawls, and bingo items to local nursing homes
- Donating large print books to Sherwood Hall Library
- Supporting youth activities at local schools
- Helping with Redskins Community projects
- Sponsoring local schools for the International Lions Peace Poster Contest
- Supporting scholarhips for vision impaired
- Providing Spinoza bears for terminally ill children
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.