4th of July Crafters, click on Club Projects for information.
The Omro Lions Club meets at 6:30 pm, the second Monday of each month at the Carter Memorial Library. For more information contact Roger Foust at 920-685-2838.
The Lion's motto, "We Serve" typifies the type of organization we represent. We serve.local Omro people and people all over the world through Lions International. Some of the groups we help are:
- Leader Dog for the Blind
- Diabetes Research - major cause of blindness
- Exams and glasses for local children
- Help out local families with needs
- Send two students to Badger Boys and Girls
- Grant scholarships through the Harold Silverthorn Scholarship Fund
- Send campers to Lions Camp for handicapped children
- Donate to the Omro library
- Collect glasses and hearing aids for world wide distribution
4th of July Arts & Crafts Fair
In order to raise funds to serve our community, we sponsor the annual 4th of July Arts & Crafts Fair featuring over 70 vendors displaying original creations. The 4th celebration attracts close to 18,000 people into downtown Omro. A crowd this size brings about a gigantic parade at noon.
The Lion's Club will cater to you at the first pavilion on the island. We have cold brew, sloppy joes, dogs and Lion Jolly Roger's gourmet popcorn.
Brief history of the Lions Club
Helen Keller, in 1933, asked the Lion Clubs to be ambassadors for the blind. Since that time, Lions have kept their promise by funding eye care for local people, collecting used glasses and sponsoring local children to attend the Wisconsin Lions Camp for the Handicapped.
Drop Off Points for used glasses and hearing aids
- Omro Library - corner of Quincy and Huron
- Omro Pharmacy
- First Merit Bank
- Omro Community Center, corner of Webster Ave and Larrabee St.
The Omro Lions has a dedicated group of members whose goal is to reach out into the community and serve others.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.