Please visit our new website at www.sandyspringlions.com
Welcome to the Sandy Spring Lions Club's website! For more than 60 years, we've proudly served our community by doing things like:
- holding a variety of fundraisers annually and giving all the proceeds back to the community, primarily through scholarships and donations to other non-profit organizations;
- performing free vision and hearing screenings at preschools and local events;
- physically helping other service organizations with their fundraisers;
- supporting the Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute;
- participating in the Lions Leader Dog Program;
- maintaining our namesake, the Sandy Spring; and,
- keeping Ednor Road free of trash through the Adopt-a-Road program.
Want to learn more about the Sandy Spring Lions Club, attend one of our meetings, or participate in one of our upcoming events? Email us today at email@example.com.
Upcoming Sandy Spring Lions Club Events:
View our Calendar to learn about upcoming Sandy Spring Lions Club events and events our club supports, like these:
Our annual Night at the Olney Theatre will be on December 2nd. This year's play is The Sound of Music. Drinks & hors d'oeuvres will be served from 6:30 p.m. until just before the show starts at 8 p.m. Price TBD.
We'll be having an open house at the Sandy Spring Museum on December 11th, so we can share information about Lions with members of our community.
We'll be selling Christmas trees and wreaths throughout most of December on the grounds by the MGH Women's Board's Thrift Store. Additional details to come.
- Our annual holiday party and December dinner meeting will take place at Ashton UMC on December 19th.
Other Notable Notes:
One of our biggest supporters, Fletcher’s BP, is proudly participating in the nation-wide Veterans’ Day Car Washing Program Grace for Vets to show their sincere appreciation for our veterans’ service to our country. On Veterans’ Day, veterans & service personnel can stop by Fletcher’s for a free #1 car wash.
Our Club is spearheading the LCI Commemorative Coin Act as a special way to mark our organization's 100th anniversary in 2017. Our own PDG Brother Pattie has worked hard on this project. Read more in this Story of the Week from LCI's Blog.
Congratulations to our new 1st Vice District Governor, Lion Don Beeson! Lion Don has been a proud member of our Club for 24 years!
Sandy Spring Lions Club T-shirts are now on sale for just $10 each! They're the perfect thing to wear while working events or just to show your Lions' Pride around town. Contact Lion John H. to purchase one... or several!
In addition to hearing aids and eyeglasses, we are now collecting old cell phones, too! Contact Lion Glenn Murphy to make a donation!
For just $6, you can help 1 person see! Visit the Campaign SightFirst II section of the Lions Clubs International site to learn more about how you can help through the Lions International SightFirst Program.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.