The "Lions club of Selkirk" was initially chartered in 1959 and re-chartered in 1979.

There was a subsequent name change to include the Rural Municipalities of St. Clements and St. Andrews and the name became "The Selkirk & District Lions".

In 1981 the Club was incorporated as "Selkirk Lions Centre Inc.", paving the way for a seniors housing developement.

The members of the "Corporation Board" are appointed by the Lions Club from the existing membership roster of those members in good standing with the Selkirk & District Lions Club.

The Board is charged with the responsibility of managing the Company real estate and tenants, etc. and reporting to the Selkirk & District Lins Club as required from time to time.

The housing complex phase 1 was initially constructed in 1982 with 35 suites, kitchen, dining lounge and office. Phase 2 was completed in 1990 with 36 suites, lounge, and a Lions den with a kitchenette. Financial support was received from all 3 levels of Government. The Lions Centennial Centre is administered with the assistance of a manager and caretaker who report directly to the Board of Directors on a regular basis.


Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.

Lions Clubs International News
Connect with Us Online