|Members of the St. John Lions Club helped pass out candy recently at the St. John Haunted House. The club's annual project takes place the weekend before Halloween during a "kid friendly" portion of the haunted house. All of the lights in the haunted house are turned on. Parents bring their children through the haunted house and St. John Lions members dress in non-scary costumes and pass out candy to all of the children.(Pictured above from left to right are Karen Tiller, Renee Hladek, Nancy Moneta, Mitch Moneta, Mack Moneta & Sue Golec)|
WHO ARE THE ST. JOHN LIONS
We have proudly served the St. John community for more than 50 years!
Our members are very different in many ways, but we share a core belief - our community is what we make it. That's because we help where help is needed. In short, We Serve!
Here are some of the things our club has done recently:
- Assisted local residents with eyeglasses and eye exams
- Presented dictionaries to all 3rd grade students at Kolling Elementary School
- Planted 100 trees (along with Cub Scout Pack 550) in parks throughout St. John
- Donated $MONEY to aid tornado victims in southern Indiana
- Donated $MONEY to the St. John Police Department
- Present Citizenship & Community Service Awards to local 8th grade students
- Held Candy days to raise funds for local projects
- Collected, counted and sorted nearly 2,000 pair of used eyeglasses annually
- Held a Candlelight Bowl fundraiser to raise funds to put back in the community
- Purchased hearing aids through the Lions AHAP for a local high school girl
- Purchased "Beep Ball" and charger for visually impaired youth baseball players
If you (or your friends or family members) would like to become involved in an upcoming project, or join our Lions Club, you can contact us in one of these three ways:
- Call us at (219) 365-1091
- Email one of our Club Officers and request more information
- Attend one of our monthly membership meetings to learn more about our group
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.