WestPenn Township Lions Club was chartered on April 21, 1948. The first major project was the electrification of the 12 one-room schoolhouses in the township. The members followed that by clearing land and building structures to create the West Penn Community Park which they continue to use for summer meetings, chicken BBQ's and Senior Fun Day. The club sponsored Little Schuylkill Lions Club in 1958 and Mahoning Township Lions Club in 1959. The club also sponsored the West Penn Lioness Club in 1976. While those charter members are all deceased, there are two sons and a granddaughter of the original members and many of there relatives still in the club.
The club has been a leader in Lionism with a Past International Director, eight Past District Governors, one deceased PDG. The West Penn Lions are proud to have been one of the first model clubs during Campaign Sight II and one of the largest contributors in Multiple District 14.
On April 4th, 2014 our club hosted a " Lunch Relay" for local West Penn Twp. businesses to show our appreciation for their support. Business owners and their employee's were invited to a free luncheon at the West Penn Twp. Annex anytime from 11:00 AM - 2:00PM. and to see first hand what Lions do in our community and all around the world. We currently have a Member Social scheduled for October 22, 2014 at the West Penn Twp. Annex at 7:00 PM. Contact Lion Rebecca Neumoyer at 570 386-3045 for more information!
West Penn Lions Club "SERVES" the community
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.