2nd Tuesday of the month at the Akeley VFW.
6:00pm Social Hour
Meat Raffle at Stompin' Grounds
6:00pm every Saturday
Come join the fun and support your club!
Thank you everyone for bringing great potluck dishes. Next meeting on September 11th we will be meeting at the Headwaters Cafe. Trig is working on a menu for us.
Trailer Insurance-Randall will check to see if we have any fire and theft insurance through Lions International. Chris Fake will approach the city for donations to help fund a cement slab for the fish fry cooking area. Shelly will contact the Akeley Library about their next years \"Summer Reading Program,\" and if they would like to apply for a donation. Kent will get the title for the trailer changed over to the Akeley Lions Club. We need to start asking for or thinking of raffle items for the October Zone meeting that will be held October 25th. The food committe for this event includes the following: Shelly Nelson, Deloris Lamb, Jody Karl, Brandy Vredenburg, George Fake and Louise Shay. Jody will approach the gambling board for a request of money to fund books for local children at the VFW Christmas Party. We talked about having another fish fry fund raiser, but at this time there wasn\'t any interest. Kent Nelson
Paul Bunyan Days was a great time! Fish fry was a huge success with the new fryers Thanks to all that helped!!!!
Need a volunteer for driving float in the Hackensack parade call me 652-4437!!!!
If you have an ideas to present at the next meeting please call Cecilia to get on the list!!!
Lions Code of Ethics
- To Show my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- To Seek success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- To Remember that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- Whenever a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- To Hold friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- Always to bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state, and my community, and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act, and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor and means.
- To Aid others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
- To Be Careful with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.