Lions meet the needs of local communities and the world every day because they share a core belief - to serve their community.
Lions have a dynamic history.
- Founded in Chicago in 1917, we were best known for fighting blindness.
- However, today Lions volunteer for many and varied community projects and these include caring for the environment, feeding the hungry and working to improve communities by helping those in need.
Lions are active.
- Our motto is “We Serve”. Lions are part of a global service network with a core belief – to serve their local and global communities.
Lions Clubs International is the world’s largest service club organisation.
- We have 1.4 million members in more than 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographic areas.
Lions Award Grants.
- Since 1968, the Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) has awarded more than US$826 million in grants to assist Lions to support humanitarian projects around the world.
Lions Eye Health Focus.
- Lions support and equip Low Vision Clinics and hospitals, conduct vision screening, provide medication and raise awareness of eye disease.
- Lions have extended our commitment to sight conservation through countless local efforts and through our international SightFirst Program that works to eradicate blindness and promote eye health.
Lions serve youth.
- Lions support local children and schools through scholarships, recreation and mentoring programs.
- Internationally, we offer many programs including Youth Camps and Exchange, Lions Quest and Peace Poster Contest.
Lions Leo Program.
- This provides the youth of the world with an opportunity for personal development through volunteering.
- There are approximately 144,000 Leos and 5,700 Leo Clubs in more than 140 countries worldwide.
For more about Lions Clubs, go to www.lionsclubs.org
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.