Medical Equipment Loan Locker
- Unfortunately, we do not have the volunteers to answer this phone on any given day. We may sometimes answer the phone on Tuesdays during our operating hours between 10-2 and 6-7 but that is dependent on if we are busy helping customers.
- Please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as we are able.
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesdays ONLY 10 AM - 2 P.M.. and from 6 PM - 7 P.M.
- We currently do not have the personnel resources to meet people at other times of the week so if you need something, please come see us on Tuesdays!
Location: We are located in the town of Larsen two buildings behind Clayton Town Hall and Fire Department building next to Trailhead Park.
(Click on directions button on the left side of the website)
Over the years, our club has collected over one million dollars’ worth of new and used medical equipment either by donation or purchase.
- This equipment is then lent out to persons in need with only a minimal amount of paperwork.
- When the equipment is returned, it is repaired, if necessary, and reissued.
- There is no charge for this equipment but donations are welcome. Donations help to replace worn equipment and fund community projects.
- Presently we have more than 650 wheelchairs, 100 electric hospital beds, 300 folding walkers, 100 shower chairs, 100 bath benches, 100 electric lift-out chairs, 20 Hoyer lifts, 100 toilet seat risers, and thousands of pieces of other related medical equipment. The majority of our inventory is out on loan!
- We do not have the resources to deliver any equipment.
- We usually have the following items on hand:
- 1 or 4 prong canes
- Transfer boards
- no wheel and two wheel walkers (and walker trays)
- gate belts
- water circulating coolers
- hand grabbers (usually on hand)
- shoe horns (usually on hand)
- sock assist devices (plastic w/ropes to pull socks)
- toilet seat rails/handles (multiple styles available)
- walk in shower chairs and bathtub benches
- wheelchairs (larger sizes we may not have)
- toilet seat risers
- CPAP Machines, hoses, masks, filters
- Nebulizers and hoses
- blood treasure monitors.
- Bed Pans and urinals
- Hospital Beds with mattress with or without hand rails. (you will need to bring p/up truck, trailer or large van (with seats folded down) to be able to haul the beds.
- Tub bars (the kind that attach to the bathtub)
- small table top hand pedal exercise machines.
- Incontinent supplies (best to come see what we have and we always suggest you make a donation for these items)
These things we may or may not have on hand (best to call ahead first):
- Lift Chairs (usually a waiting list)
- Hoyer Lift (we occasionally have one on hand)
- Bed Rails (for standard mattress)
- Large Wheel Chairs (20"-25")
- Hospital bed tables
- 4 wheel walkers with seats/brakes (a.k.a. rollators)
- travel/transfer (lightweight) wheel chairs
- electric wheel chairs and scooters (we rarely have these available and if we do you will most likely need to spend several hundred dollars on batteries)
Notice to Third-Party Providers:
- Our core mission is to help those individuals and their family's in need with medical equipment that we loan them.
- Our mission is not to try to fill the needs of hundreds of local Third-Party Providers. In the past many Third-Party providers have taken our equipment and have never reconnected with their clients to ensure our equipment is returned.
- Because we cannot manage the hundreds of phone calls from the hundreds of Third-Party Providers in our area we will not be able to return the phone calls of Third-Party Providers.
- We recommend Third-Party Providers use other resources in the state (including filing for state aid) to fill their needs. Another resource is Loanclosets.org that is a directory of other loan closets by county in the states of Wisconsin and Michigan
We are always in need of new or used medical equipment that anyone wishes to donate to our organization.
We are looking for:
- Grab Bars
- Hospital Beds
- We only accept Invacare 2 or 3 motor hospital beds. The beds have brown frames, the head and footboard come off and the bed has a square or round drive rod that connects the headboard and footboard to raise and lower the bed.
- Electric Lift Chairs
- Canes and Crutches
- All types of Walkers
- Eyeglasses and Cases
- Depends/Adult Diapers
- Bath Benches and Shower Chairs
- Electric Scooters/Wheelchairs (we will only accept these if they are dropped off at our warehouse)
- Empty Orange Pill Bottles (we send these by the thousands oversees to impoverished countries)
- Hearing Aids and Batteries
Please drop off your donations on Tuesdays between 10-2 or 6-7 at our Medical Equipment Loan Locker. If the weather is nice you can drop your items off on other days and leave them by the South entrance doors.
In Loving Memory of Medical Equipment Loan Locker Founder, Lion Lester Laedtke (left) and "Head Nut Turner", Lion Bob Spiegelberg (right)