The Saddle River Valley Lions Club would like to thank those in the communities of Mahwah, Ramsey, Allendale, Upper Saddle River and Saddle River, for supporting our Lions Club. We very much appreciate your support of our three major fundraisers; the Carnival in Upper Saddle River, our annual Mustang Car Raffle and the Fall Golf Outing. It is because of your generous support, we are able to provide a significant amount of assistance to sight related charities and local volunteer organizations.
We would like to thank everyone who attended the Carnival, our business sponsors whose generous contributions helped us pay our expenses, and the Borough of Upper Saddle River for the use of Lions Memorial Park. We are especially grateful to the many residents who volunteered to help us run the games of chance, the Upper Saddle River Police, USR Department of Public Works, USR Volunteer Ambulance Corps, USR Volunteer Fire Department, and the USR Construction Official’s Office for making sure that we once again had a clean, safe Carnival.
Since the beginning of our club in 1958, the Saddle River Valley Lions Club has donated nearly 2,200,000 to sight and other related charities. This year, thanks to generous support of the residents of the Saddle River Valley, and other contributors, we will celebrate reaching our two million dollar milestone. As President, I am proud of this club's accomplishments and have the unique privilege in working with our dedicated members, volunteers, residents and corporations who support our efforts to serve those in our communities who are in need.
I look forward to your continued support of our charitable fund raising efforts and hope to see you at the Lions Carnival next year! If you, or someone you know, may be interested in the information about Lions Club membership or more about what we do, please refer them to our website at: www.srvlions.org
. If any written correspondence is required, please send it to P.O. Box 333, Saddle River, NJ 07458.
Thank you again for your support,
Victor C. Heineman, President
THE PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
1) To create and foster a sprit of understanding among the people of the world.
2) To promote the principles of good government and good citizenship.
3) To take an active interest in the civic, culture, social and moral welfare of the community.
4) To unite the members in bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
5) To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated among the club members.
6) To encourage service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.
7) This club shall not endorse or recommend any candidate for public office, nor shall partisan politics or sectarian region be debated by members in meetings of this club.
8) Except to further his/her progress in Lionism , no officer or member of this club shall use his/her membership as a means of furthering any personal, political, or other aspiration, nor shall the club, as a whole, take part in any movement not in keeping with its purpose and objectives.
For Membership Information, use one of the contact methods on our CONTACT US PAGE.