Helping Needy* Get Glasses, Hearing Aids & Other Services
* Needy is determined by Sioux Lions as those at or below the federal poverty level guidelines.
EYE GLASSES AND HEARING AIDS ARE NOT PROVIDED TO THOSE ELIGIBLE FOR OR WHO HAVE TITLE 19 (MEDICAID).
Dr. Daniel Brodkey, optomitrist, and his office assistant graciously donate their time, equipment and services for this Sioux City Lion's Eyeglasses for Needy project.
2. Hearing Aids for those unable (at or below federal poverty level) to obtain them otherwise are financed through our club’s charity fund raising efforts and the Iowa Lions Hearing Aid Bank. Chair Lee Chamberlain - 712-255-5809.
3. Eye Glasses, Frames, Lenses and Hearing Aids (those no longer needed or used) are collected and taken to a Lions Eyeglasses Recycling Center where they are then taken to the Lions national center for distribution to needy people throughout third world countries. Chair - Tim Jacobs at 255-3136.
EYE GLASSES & HEARING AIDS DROP BOXES LOCATIONS
The Sioux City Lions Club and all Lions Clubs collect old and used eye glasses and hearing aids and share them with needy persons in third world counties around the world. You can give them to any Lion or take them to a Lions drop box near you. Here are present locations:
Dr. Daniel Brodkey ———————————5404 Morningside Ave.
Beth Bruening ———————101 Tower Road, Dakota Dunes
Beth Shalom Synagogue————————— 8150 38th Street
First Presbyterian Church—————————608 Nebraska
Goodwill Industries——————————— 3100 West Fourth
Ideal Optical——————————————2513 Hamilton Blvd.
Dr. Kiernan—————————————— 1214 Pierce Street
Meyer Brothers Colonial Chapel ———3220 Stone Park Blvd.
MidAmerican Energy Co. ————————————— 401 Douglas
Moran Optical —————————————2001 Hamilton Blvd.
Precision Optical ————————————420 Pierce Street
Riverside United Methodist Church—————617 Wright Avenue
Sam's Club (many may have a Lions deposit box)
Shopco Optical—————————————Market Place Mall
Singing Hills Optical—————————— Singing Hills
Sioux City Optometric Center———————Terra Center
U. S. Post Office———————————Sergeant Bluff
Wal Mart Stores — — — — — — many may have Lions deposit boxes
4. Leader Dogs are provided free to blind persons. The cost of training leader dogs is supported through our club’s charity fund raising efforts. Chair - Ann Hill - 252-4309.
7. Contributions are given to various community agencies through our fund raising efforts and the number of agencies and amounts are based upon the success of our October Pancake Days, our major fundraising effort, occasional donations and donated trusts.