Hoquiam Lions Mel Thompson (President) and Jerry Schaffer (Secretary) present Lion Harold Warren with a plaque in appreciation for his help in getting their non-profit credentials in order.
Aberdeen Lions President Al Waters shares his Certificate of Appreciation from the Northwest Lions Foundation. Our Aberdeen club was the third highest fundraiser for this year's White Cane Days in District 19, which includes British Columbia, Washington and part of Idaho!
We did good!!!
Organizations supported by the Aberdeen Lions Club In 2013-14
- Aberdeen Historical Seaport
- Aberdeen High School (Sonny Sargent Award plus 3 - $1,000 Scholarships)
- 7th Street Kids
- Grays Harbor YMCA
- Bicycles from Heaven (over 250 bicycles given to low income children each year).
- Relay for Life (over $10,000 raised)
- White Canes Days
- Darrington Fire Dept (Oso Slide)
- Project Hope NW
- Camp Leo (sent 3 students from Aberdeen schools to Camp Leo)
- Grays Harbor College (scholarship)
- Eye Care for Low income residents of Aberdeen
- Hearing aids for Low Income residents of Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Girls Softball Association
- Aberdeen/Hoquiam Easter Egg Hunt
- Aberdeen Post Office (cleaned and painted Post Office signs)
- Grays Harbor Youth Center
- Grays Harbor College Foundation
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Red Kettle Campaign (bell ringing), Salvation Army
- Donation to the Lions International Foundation for the Philippine Typhoon Recovery
- Making a difference for Grays Harbor Kids (Joe and Beverly Cornel)
- Boy Scouts of America
- Aberdeen Little League (we sponsor a team)
- Union Gospel Mission (holiday season)
- Domestic Violence Center of Grays Harbor
- Eye Care We Care Foundation (for eye care Missions in the Philippines)
- Grays Harbor Young Life
- Salvation Army Kettle Clash
- Salvation Army (purchased Holiday meal packages for 20 families)
- Salvation Army (working in the Food Bank)
- Christmas for Kids
- Grays Harbor Community Clothing Bank
- Aberdeen Food Ball
- Grays Harbor Youth Livestock Auction
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- SNAP (Student Need Assistance Program)
We look forward to another year of service to our community and to make life better for those that we can. We would love you to join us! For a Membership Application...click here.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.