International Presidents Award
Dr. Jim Weyrich has been honored with another top award from L.C.I.
Saturday, October 22, 2016 at the convention lunchen, Dr. Jim Weyrich received one of the top honors that LCI awards. The International President Yamada issued this metal to be awarded to Dr. Weyrich for his work in the Philippines. EyeCare WeCare Foundation has examined thousands of people on the Missions, and provided them with recycled glasses. Hundreds have had Catarac surgeries due to the Foundation.
But Dr. Weyrich insists that he doesn't deserve it, that there have been many people that have contributed to this endeavor. Without the Lions, the Volunteers, and the many contributors and sponsors, this would still be just an idea, a dream.
This is true, he couldn't do this by himself, but it would not have happened without him. He is the catylist that makes it work.
Congratulations Lion Jim!
3 Grands at the Bishop Center!
May 19, 2017 (Friday) 7:00 PM
Benefit concert for the Aberdeen Lions Club to help serve special needs children & their families. Featuring award-winning blind pianists Mac Potts, Nick Baker & Brent Gjerve and outstanding jazz vocalist, Darcy Schmitt. The three pianists are former students at the Washington State School for the Blind. These accoplished musicians inspire audiences with their personal stories and amazing talent.
Ray Hodge, Aberdeen Lion, named
2016 Daily World Citizen of the Year!
Look what we Won!!!
BEST SERVICE CLUB!!
Thanks Everyone for recognizing our efforts to make our Community and the World a Better Place. We will continue our Mission, to live up to our motto .....
What we do.... We Serve!
We spend our year working and planning projects and fundraisers so that we can enrich our lives by giving back to the community. Paper Recycling, White Canes, Relay for Life and the Toast the Harbor are just some of the things we do, so that we can do this....
Organizations supported by the Aberdeen Lions Club In 2015-16
- 7th Street Kids
- Aberdeen High School - Food Ball
- Aberdeen Revitalization Movement
- Aberdeen Girls Softball Association
- American Cancer Society - Relay for Life
- Coastal Harvest
- EyeCare WeCare Foundation
- Friends of Schaffer Park and Lake Sylvia
- Grays Harbor Clothing Bank
- Grays Harbor College Foundation Scholarships
- Grays Harbor Young Life
- Habitat for Humanity
- Making a Difference for Grays Harbor Kids
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- Poco Voce
- Project New Hope
- S.N.A.P. Student Need Assistance Program
- Salvation Army - Food Bank, Christmas Gift Fund, Bell Ringing & Kettle Klash
- Union Gospel Mission
- YMCA - Strong Kids
Lions Club Organizations supported by the Aberdeen Lions Club In 2015-16
- Camp Leo - Diabetic Childrens Camp
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Pacific Foundation for Blind Children
- Lions Club International Foundation - Various Disasters
Other local projects supported by the Aberdeen Lions Club In 2015-16
- Buddy Bench
- Bicycles from Heaven (over 250 bicycles given to low income children each year)
- Eye Care for Low income residents of Aberdeen
- Hearing aids for Low Income residents of Aberdeen
- Aberdeen/Hoquiam Easter Egg Hunt
- Aberdeen Little League (we sponsor a team)
We look forward to another year of service to our community and to make life better for those that we can. We would love you to join us! For a Membership Application...click here.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.4 million members in approximately 46,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.