Salvation Army Award!
2015 Crab Feast is just hours away! The Crab is cooked to perfection and preperations are underway! Don't Miss It! (for more pictures, see the gallery)
Welcome New Lions...Dru Garson, Daniele Stanton, Roger Shaw and Jason Hoseney!
What it means to be a Lion...click here
As Lions Club International celebrates it's 100th year, we in the Aberdeen Lions, Make a Difference.....
The Lions Club of Aberdeen, Washington, Celebrating our SEVENTY FIFTH YEAR of service to the needs of the greater Grays Harbor community. (For a Membership Application...click here.) Like us on Facebook!
Poster by Lora Malakoff
Toast the Harbor Wine and Food Festival is our largest fundraising event and with it, and our other fundraising projects, we were able to support the following organizations:
Organizations supported by the Aberdeen Lions Club In 2013-14
- Aberdeen Historical Seaport
- Aberdeen High School (Sonny Sargent Award plus 3 - $1,000 Scholarships)
- 7th Street Kids
- Grays Harbor YMCA
- Bicycles from Heaven (over 250 bicycles given to low income children each year).
- Relay for Life (over $10,000 raised)
- White Canes Days
- Darrington Fire Dept (Oso Slide)
- Project Hope NW
- Camp Leo (sent 3 students from Aberdeen schools to Camp Leo)
- Grays Harbor College (scholarship)
- Eye Care for Low income residents of Aberdeen
- Hearing aids for Low Income residents of Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Girls Softball Association
- Aberdeen/Hoquiam Easter Egg Hunt
- Aberdeen Post Office (cleaned and painted Post Office signs)
- Grays Harbor Youth Center
- Grays Harbor College Foundation
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Red Kettle Campaign (bell ringing), Salvation Army
- Donation to the Lions International Foundation for the Philippine Typhoon Recovery
- Making a difference for Grays Harbor Kids (Joe and Beverly Cornel)
- Boy Scouts of America
- Aberdeen Little League (we sponsor a team)
- Union Gospel Mission (holiday season)
- Domestic Violence Center of Grays Harbor
- Eye Care We Care Foundation (for eye care Missions in the Philippines)
- Grays Harbor Young Life
- Salvation Army Kettle Clash
- Salvation Army (purchased Holiday meal packages for 20 families)
- Salvation Army (working in the Food Bank)
- Christmas for Kids
- Grays Harbor Community Clothing Bank
- Aberdeen Food Ball
- Grays Harbor Youth Livestock Auction
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- SNAP (Student Need Assistance Program)
We look forward to another year of service to our community and to make life better for those that we can. We would love you to join us! For a Membership Application...click here.
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.