The Garden is doing great thanks to all the hours many of you have put in!!
See "Club Project" for pictures.
This year there are many changes that have not only increased veggie production but helped with garden assistance.
1. The garden is the largest thus far with several different vegetables planted.
2. There are 2 fenced in areas helping with rodent and deer damage. We also hung bars of soap and deer repellent around the large area planted to corn, tomatoes, Peppers, etc.
3. There are 2 compost bins made out of pallets. We have placed mulch in the bins. Also please put pulled weeds and any home veggie compost in those bins. Mulch pile is next to driveway. Feel free to use all that. Buckets of it will be hauled closer to the garden for easier access.
4. I've placed a chalkboard with weekly updates on tasks that need to be done. This will allow anyone who wants to help know what needs to be done. You can cross off the tasks as they are completed.
5. Several gardening tools are available but please use the tools and return when you are done using them.
6. Binder of info:
- please find a work log, volunteer forms, volunteer hour log and general info.
- volunteer forms. Please fill out a volunteer form, sign and leave in the binder. It's very simple and allows me to report all the hours (and total pounds of food donated) to USDA. Only people over 16 can be earth team volunteers however, younger people please log your time and you will still get credit for helping at the garden.
- log in the date and time you worked, along with what you accomplished. Please log in all time, even if you are only there for 30 minutes. It all counts!!
7. Cardboard- we have been laying cardboard and putting mulch on top. There are several pieces of cardboard available. Please bring more cardboard and use the cardboard that is there to lay between the rows.
8. Tshirts - Please contact me if you have earned one.
Thank you all and please pass the word! We need lots of help over the growing season to provide healthy food to our local families in need.
Please feel free to contact me any time with questions and concerns!
Our goal this year is 1000 pounds! Let's do it!!