Eye Glasses collection ongoing. Help us help those who can't afford glasses and give the gift of Sight! Donate your unwanted eyeglasses :
WE ARE ALSO COLLECTING USED HEARING AIDS WHICH WILL BE CLEANED AND REPURPOSED TO HELP OTHERS HEAR!
Location of EyeGlass and Hearing Aid drop boxes:
Town Hall (outside) Main St Opticare (inside) rt 202
Hill and Plain, Northville, John Pettibone, Sarah Noble, Schaghticoke Middle and New Milford High Schools
HH Taylor's Bank of America (inside) Main St
The Eye Center (inside) rt 7 Walmart Shopping Plaza
We sponsor BSA Troop 58 and Cub Pack
We support services for Low Vision and the Blind
Lions give an annual Senior Picnic--- this year August 26!
The best turnout in 20 years!
And thank you to the Senior Center, Youth Agency, and Leos!
And especially New Milford Lions Club!
ANNUAL PROJECTS and PAST EVENTS:
- ANNUAL COUNTRY FAIR AND CAR SHOW at Harrybrooke
- Pediatric Eye Screening for toddlers
- ANNUAL LOBSTER SALE
- Peace Poster contest for Lions International
- NEW MILFORD HIGH GRAD PARTY, Congratulations Graduates!
- RAP -- READING ACTION PROGRAM AT SNIS
- Fourth of July CARNIVAL AT YOUNG'S FIELD
- NEW MILFORD VILLAGE FAIR DAYS: Last weekend of JULY: VISIT THE LIONS' BOOTH FOR GREAT FOOD!
- OCTOBER Halloween event held and hosted by Harrybrooke Park
- Senior Picnic in September and Senior Christmas Party in December
- DRAGON BOAT RACES to benefit the Candlewood Lake Authority
- NEW MILFORD/LOCAL HEROES HONORED
- MURDER MYSTERY DINNER TO RAISE MONEY FOR OUR ANNUAL HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS!
- JACK BUCZEK MEMORIAL GOLF TOURNAMENT TO HONOR A PAST MEMBER
- HALLOWEEN TRUNK OR TREAT